It's not as odd as it sounds...

Prayer happens everywhere, even in the tanning bed.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Major Distractions...

I am sitting at the computer and listening to my kids in the other room play the Wii. I usually really enjoy listening to them play together especially since their ages range from 6 - 18. This evening I'm a bit distraught at the conversation and I've already, twice, had to tell them to watch how they speak to each other. Suddenly an idea for a blog entry flew into my head. Generally, I stop whatever I'm doing in order to write it down. Being at the computer, I decided to log in and start typing.

Only one problem... on the way to enter a new blog entry, I totally forgot the premise for my post. UGH!!!! I lose thoughts a lot. Usually it's leaving one room for another to get something and forget what I went into that room for. Meaningless stuff like that. But this was nuts, after all, it took me all of 30 seconds to sign in. I guess I just have too much noise distracting me and too many things on my mind tonight.

This thought leads me back to the movie with Jim Carrey in it called "Bruce Almighty". I'd actually NOT recommend it. I know plenty of dear Christian friends who loved this movie but it just went too far - anything that makes God into OUR image just doesn't sit right with me. However, one scene that may have been totally worth watching the movie for was the scene when Jim Carrey received emails like he was God receiving prayer requests. It was an incredibly overwhelming sight. At first it was funny but it soon became very clear that a human cannot accomplish what God does with ease. I was thankful for that insight at least.

So here I am, forgetting what I thought was a great thought because there was so much to distract me. However, I know for a fact that God is handling, with ease, a friend who's marriage is falling apart, another friend who is begging for wisdom and understanding in her marriage, another friend who is trying to decide what job to take, another friend who is delivering a baby as I write and so many more that I don't have time to list. And I know this for sure: He is not being distracted. He is not losing His train of thought or His focus. And although I may THINK my ideas are good (you'll be the judge of that) His ideas ARE good... no, they are GREAT - every time they are tried!

I love that in spite of my failings, my precious Father always has my back. I love that I never have to wonder if He's thinking about me, or hearing me, or understanding me, or loving me. He's told me that much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

These are just some thoughts from my heart. There's nothing gained by comments that aren't encouraging or edifying. It's not that I don't want you to share your thoughts but think through what you want to say before you say it. If it wouldn't encourage or entertain you, then it won't us either... If it will, then by all means, we want to read it!