It's not as odd as it sounds...

Prayer happens everywhere, even in the tanning bed.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Vanishing Scars

I have invested in Mederma. I say invested because it's outrageously expensive. But it promises to reduce the nasty appearance of my scars. We shall see. I have some old scars that exist from injuries that were not my fault; accidents I had no control over. But the scars exist none-the-less.

Mostly I'm using the Mederma on some rather large scars that were created recently. Those scars are there because I chose to have the surgery that created them. I am happy that I had the surgery but no more happy about the scars created by that surgery than the scars created by the accidents.

How much good is the Mederma going to do? Not sure, but I'll probably go through several tubes before I will decide that the scars won't get any lighter.

My sins are a lot like my scars. Some were relatively unintentional - sins of omission. Others were completely my choice - sins of commission. Jesus Christ forgives me, every time, when I sincerely fall at His feet and confess my sin to Him and ask Him to forgive me. (1Jn 1:9) But like the Mederma, I'm left with the scars that come from my sin.

You know, I can name the event that coincided with each scar I have on my body. Maybe it's not a horrible thing to have the scars from my sins left behind either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These are just some thoughts from my heart. There's nothing gained by comments that aren't encouraging or edifying. It's not that I don't want you to share your thoughts but think through what you want to say before you say it. If it wouldn't encourage or entertain you, then it won't us either... If it will, then by all means, we want to read it!